Osborn Rotary Breaker
For efficient breaking and cleaning of run-of-mine on primary crushed coal.
Coal is continuously fed into the breaker feed chute and is repeatedly raised by lifters and dropped until it is broken to size and falls through the grids or screen plates. Large unbroken pieces, mainly rocks, are discharged through the outlet end by a scoop assembly.
- Breakers are robustly constructed for 24 hour operation.
- Breakers are supported on four steel rollers with alloy steel tires, which ensure maximum life and trouble-free operation.
- Screen plates can be cast with circular holes of the "Hadfields," patented fabricated type manufactured from a variety of abrasion resistant materials. These fabricated plates give maximum open area, high impact and coal breaking efficiency.
- The Osborn chain drive unit is manufactured in four sizes with approximate throughputs ranging from 750 to 1500 tph. The Hadfields gear driven model is manufactured in three sizes, giving throughputs of 500 to 1600 tph.
- Dust proof housings are supplied with all units.
Two types are available: the Osborn unit with dual chain drive or the Hadfields unit driven by conventional girth gear and pinion, as used on grinding mills.